Tuesday, April 15, 2014

14 Days Of Prayer For The Persecuted Churches

I have been doing a daily bible study about persecuted churches around the world. One of the things it said to do was to post the bible study on your blog. So I will be posting the the bible study every day.

Here is day 1 Middle East:

1) Read - John 15:19-21 
19 If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. 20 Remember the word that I said to you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you. If they kept my word, they will also keep yours. 21 But all these things they will do to you on account of my name, because they do not know him who sent me.

2) Think about - How does persecution for the name of Jesus differ from other types of persecution?

3) Pray - pray that wherever a pastor is facing persecution, he will feel Gods presence surrounding him with love.

4) Act - share this bible reading plan with your family and ask them if they will spend two weeks pray for the persecuted churches with you.


3 comments:

Isaac said...

Nice job Madison. I will do this with you :-)

Amber said...

oops - was signed in under an old one :-)

Greta said...

I'm a little behind, but joining in now! This sounds like a great study to do, as I often forget that people ARE persecuted everyday...I just happen to live in an area where there are many christians and many that go to church, or are accepting of it.