Thursday, April 24, 2014

14 Days of Prayer for the Persecuted Church

Day 7 Middle East:

Read -  Matthew 10:32-39 
32 "Whoever acknowledges me before men, I will also acknowledge him before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before men, I will disown him before my Father in heaven. 34 "Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to turn " 'a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law 36 a man's enemies will be the members of his own household.' 37 "Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; 38 and anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 39 Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.

Think - What kind of impact can eternal perspective have on those that are being persecuted?

Pray - Pray for those that know the earthly impact that following Christ can have on family relationships: that they will choose an eternal relationship above all others

Act - Discuss today’s story with your family. Focus on how a relationship with our Heavenly Father takes precedence over any and all earthly relationships we have.

3 comments:

Longlife said...

Nice verse! Lol! you posted like 4 hours ago!

~mary~

Madison Joy said...

today's think is What kind of impact can eternal perspective have on those that are being persecuted? and i think that it can bring peace or joy or comfort.

Amber said...

I think that eternal perspective helps you realize and remember that we are only here an this earth for a short time and if we endure and always resolve to follow Jesus we will live without persecution and with Jesus FOREVER!!